Sunday, July 13, 2008

Insanity...

I knew I was insane. I'm sure y'all knew it, too. Now, I'll prove it.

I'm getting a rescue dog. "What?" I hear you exclaim, "That's not crazy!" Well, you're right - it's not. It's actually quite cool... But... 1) It's - she's - not an ISSR Shiloh; she's a Border Collie, and 2) I'm reaching all the way to Wasilla, Alaska to rescue her. I live in Delaware. That's about 4300 miles by road. Somewhat less by air. Loooooong arms!

Ta-DA!
Proof positive! I'm bloody well 'round the bend!

But it's cool to be insane - Just ask Jack Nicholson! Suka (my soon-to-be family member) is a 7 year old BC (or BC/X - Not sure) rescued by my sister. Once from Animal Control, then two years later, again when the man who took her in couldn't keep her anymore - new, pregnant wife didn't want a dog around. I'd say "Ditch the wife, keep the dog!" But, well, people are people. So my sister grabbed Suka again, and went looking for new homes for her. Zero success - No local BC rescues, no local rescues at all with any space, only the local shelter, which kills. Suka's far too good a dog to be put down!

So, in just ten days, she's flying in. I'm not ready... Not yet. But I will be. I'm practically squirming in anticipation!

Yay! It's good to be crazy!

No comments: